Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Weather Outside is Frightful......

I'm in! It's been such a long time since I've participated, but you may remember that my buddy, MaryJo has an awesome sketch challenge every week. Well, it has quieted down for just a bit the last few days and I was able to squeeze in a card with her sketch. Guess I'm way out of practice, because this one gave me a bit of trouble but as you can see, I managed to come up with something that is blog-worthy.  (Yes, I know!....that's why it's called a CHALLENGE!!)

And, YES, the weather outside IS frightful...frightfully HOT!! Although I have to admit the temperature dropped a bit today, but the humidity didn't. Stay outside for just a few minutes and you'll feel like a wet dish rag! YUK! So, even though we were all looking forward to Springtime and Summer weather for so long, I for one, am ready for Fall! So, out came one of my very favorite Fall sets, Autumn Splendor. It's perfect for this week's sketch.

Looking at my sample now, I kind of wish that I had made those strips under the leaves a bit more narrow, but that's not what I did....there's no time to re-do. So, this is it!

I have to admit that not all of this is from SU and the DSP has retired.....the DSP that I used for the strips is from a retired hostess DSP pack....in Always Artichoke. The embossing folder that I used has been in my collection for some time, but is not too different from the brand new Houndstooth EF (Item #123134) in the brand new SU catalog! (The SU version is just a bit larger so that it will do the entire front of a card....the one I own does not. So sad....that new folder is absolutely on my wish list!!

As you can see the impressions are two-toned. I brayered the folder with Cajun Craze ink and then added in the cardstock and sent it through the Big Shot. Love that look! The leaves are popped up on Dimensionals. The saying is not from SU....I was looking for something tiny that would fit in an oval or small circle....that stamp has also been in my collection for a few years! And lastly, the small oval that was used to punch out the greeting has also retired and has been replaced by another Small Oval (Item #120908)but is a different shape....a bit taller and not quite as wide. I don't think it will nest inside of the Large Oval like the old one did....but, it looks like it will be fun to use!

So that's it for me today. You can see MaryJo's sketch here.....and see who's playing along this week.

Stamps: Autumn Splendor, non-SU Greeting
Inks: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke
CS: Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait
Big Shot: Houndstooth EF (non-SU version)
Misc: Dimensionals, Sponges, Hostess Pack DSP (retired), Brayer, Small Oval Punch (retired), Large Oval Punch (I trimmed it down)

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MJ said...

Barb I love the leaves. I am NOT ready for Fall--bring on the heat--I so love summer even if it is hot. My hubby thinks I am crazy when I lay on my swing or hammock outside and read in this heat. I just love being outside. Glad you had so time to stamp, your card is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along.

FLEUR de Lo said...

I love the texture of your card! The background is fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin