Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another Convention Swap!

This one was such fun to make....but, as you can see, there's not much stamping going on! But, the Big Shot AND various punches were plentiful!! Super simple, cheerful, and kinda bright. The ladies who swapped with me seemed to really like this one.  Although I cannot claim this original idea as my own, it is really a compilation of a few ideas I've seen floating around.

So, how did I create this? Well the packages are simply squares created with the 1 1/4" Square Punch and run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder. And those little "bows" on top?....they are none other than the flower from the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch...the flowers were simply cut in half. The Basic Rhinestones just set everything off....the mid size was used.

The red zig zag was created by using the Tasteful Trim Bigz Die.....the perfect solution when you might be limited on the right color ribbon (which I was)! This was the only really tricky part to making this card....gluing the zig zag strip down. Found that if I used dabs of our Multi Purpose Liquid Glue along the back the strip stayed where it should......you see, I tried the 2-Way Glue Pen, and they simply fell off; and SNAIL made a mess since the strip is so narrow.

The opening in the yellow card background was created by using the Curly Label Mover & Shaker....just place the shape in the bottom corner of the metal plate and roll through. It even gives you the stitched outline for a little more fun! AFTER creating the window, I stamped the greeting and added another Basic Rhinestone....this time one of the smallest size....to the star/dot over the "I."  So fun, right?!!

Stamps: Word Play
Inks: Tempting Turquoise
CS: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
Big Shot: Tasteful Trim, Curly Label Mover & Shaker, Perfect Polka Dots EF
Misc: Basic Rhinestones, Multi Purpose Liquid Glue, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting today!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin