Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Little Gratitude

I made this earlier today for a very special lady......the daughter of a good friend who put together our trip 2 months ago to Ireland. My bad! I never even sent her a thank you note...and everyone around here knows me as "the card lady!!" How bad am I?!! Truthfully, I'm usually a lot better than I was this time, but I came home sick, had just started a new job before I left, and it took me awhile to catch up....in all that chaos, I simply forgot. That explains, but doesn't excuse!! It really is embarassing that it took so long for me to do this for her.

Anyway, tonight was her family Christmas in July party....complete with Santa, presents, a tree and even Christmas carols...the whole nine yards. Well, almost....we also had hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, etc....typical BBQ food....out in the back yard in the heat....just a sultry 97 degrees tonight! And the gifts....well, the theme was "the worst thing you can find in your attic." Lots of really tacky stuff all wrapped up pretty! Truthfully, it IS fun. Well, since I saw her tonight, I really, really needed to bring her a thank you.

So, I picked up a gift certificate to slip inside this card as a small thank you from hubby and I....you see, she arranged our tour of Ireland, even though that is no longer what she really does with the company she works at. (She is in some type of management liason position, so she really went out of her way for us and set up a really fabulous trip for us. )

THIS is the card I created to go with the gift certificate....it's not a gift card holder, just a card with a gift card enclosed. This is definitely a CASE, not my original idea, it was changed up using what I had in my collection. Don't you just love that new Lace Border Punch on either side of the stamped layer?!! As you can see, the stamp used was colored in using markers to give it the multi-colored look. I'm really just so happy that Day of Gratitude is in the brand new catalog!! YIPEE! And guess what?!!.....the Big Shot was NOT used to make this card! I KNOW! Can you believe it????? (I was beginning to think I couldn't make a card without it!)

Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Warmest Wishes (retired), En Francais
Inks: Early Espresso
CS: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Peach Parfait
Markers: Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Early Espresso
Misc: Linen Thread, Doted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Cutter Kit (for distressing), Paper Piercer & Template

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting today!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin