Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sweet Little Flip Flops

Not sure how it is where you live, but here it is HOT!...and hot weather means flip flops are now  my favorite shoes!  These are some I picked up somewhere last year in a clearance bin.  When I saw them, I just knew I could fancy them up, which  is exactly what I recently did.  So quick....so easy!

Just ran some fun foam sheets in white through my Big Shot, using the Daisy Die, and added a now-retired Corduroy Button in Summer sun.  The most difficult part was attaching to the sandals.  I tried Glue Dots....nope, they fell right off!  Then I tried Crystal Effects.....well, they stayed on longer, but still fell off.  So, then I got out my trusty Crop-a-Dile and made a hole and pushed the "feet" of the buttons (they were really like big brads) through the hole and then pulled out a pair of pliers to really bend the feet up so they didn't bother me while wearing them. Aren't this just so FUN?!!  Well, since I now had them perfected, I was off and running!

Just a few days before I left for Convention, I was shopping in one of the big box stores and found bins of plain flip flops for just $1 each....so, you KNOW I went home with a bunch!  The next 2 pair I made for my Convention Roommate....she loved them!  Again, fast and easy!  This first pair were secured to the strap of the flip flop by punching 2 holes, again with the Crop-a-Dile and then tying with Whisper White Baker's Twine....LOVE that stuff!  This time, I used the Fun Flowers Bigz Die....can you see that the orange layer has been impressed by using my Square Lattice Embossing Folder?  Really changes the feel of the Fun Foam, but works like a charm!!  I was going to use a real button, but didn't have the right color, so instead, there is a faux button created by using the Sweet Buttons Embosslit. 


That pair came together so quickly, that I decided to create another pair for her.....this time using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.  Both layers were put through embossing folders, but in this case, neither is a SU embossing folder.  To secure the butterflies, a pair of Antique Brads were used and a medium size Basic Pearl was added to the center.  The last photo shoes a close up so that you can really see the impressions made by the embossing folders.

(The close up photo has some shadows in it....sorry for the poor quality.  It almost looks like I've shaded with ink.....no ink was used in these projects.) 



I'm not going to add a materials list because I've already mentioned everything used above.  I hope I've inspired you to create some new sandals of your own....if you decide to make some, please share and if you have any questions, please let me know! 




Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin