Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

With Sympathy

Just last week, the husband of an acquaintance passed away. In some ways, I know it was a blessing because he was suffering so much, BUT, to loose someone so close as we enter the holidays has to be the absolute worst time!

So, I needed to create a card....and I have to say, that these cards are definitely the most difficult to create. Of course, they should bring a small measure of comfort, but (IMHO) should not be full of bling or over the top. Well, this began as a much simpler card, but somehow evolved (don't they usually?!!) into what you see here. Still, I believe it's subdued enough for the theme.....and once her grief begins to subside just a bit, hopefully, she will appreciate the care and time it took to create. Not to mention, the beauty.....I have to say, I'm in LOVE with this color combo!!

I'm so excited because I finally used my new Bow Easy (a tool to make bows....not from SU!) to create that cute little bow....it took me quite a few tries to get the bow right....the mechanics kind of confused me and it's supposed to be so simple!! Guess I'm not very "mechanical!"

Thanks for stopping by today and making your visit a part of your busy day! Feel free to leave a comment to let me know what you think (I LOVE comments).

Stamps: Just Believe, In My Thoughts
Inks: Basic Black, Crumb Cake
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Misc: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Basic Pearls, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Big Shot, Bow Easy (non SU! item), Mini Glue Dots

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

sympathy cards are tough, but you did a fabulous job on it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin