Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanksgiving is Almost Here!

This week's challenge was to create a Thanksgiving themed card or project. I have to admit to "cheating" a bit. This card was made a few weeks back for a one-on-one challenge with a Fall theme. Rose, an online friend, who received this card, loved it.....and I have to admit that I was pretty happy with it myself. Since I had not yet shared this with all of you, and with the theme this week being so close to the Fall theme of that Challenge, I thought it was time!

This one was fun to make and has a lot of texture......I can't seem to stop using a combination of embossing folders! In this case, I used the lovely Vintage Wallpaper and, of course, my very "favoritist" of all.....Square Lattice. The focal point was stamped with the wonderful leaf images from Autumn Splendor....don't you just love the richness of the detail in those images?!! Can you tell that the Old Olive layer was also stamped? That same image that you can see in Old Olive on the focal point was also stamped in Old Olive on the matching CS and then put through the embossing folder, and then sponged around the edges for extra depth. Those cute little tags were stamped with images from Teeny Tiny Tags and punched out using the Medium Jewelry Punch. An easy card, really, but has a lot going on without being over the top!

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today! Please take a bit of time to see what the other Bloggers have been up to....you can see the list here. Oh, and I want to wish each of you and your families a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have the opportunity to spend it with those you love.

Stamps: Autumn Splendor, Teeny Tiny Tags
Inks: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
CS: Natural Ivory, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Cajun Craze
Misc: Wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Designer Button (Neutral), Big Shot, Square Lattice & Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folders, Medium Jewelry Tag, Dimensionals

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty and elegant Barbara! I always love to see what you have in store for us! Hope that you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Great texture. Love the bow on the button in the twine.

Rachel Hope said...

Great card!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the colors and the texture combo of two different folders. Plus- your bow is awesome too! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is so pretty!!! I love the texture with the lattice and the depth of color you created with your leaf stamping!!! A true winner! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I LOVE THIS CARD! WOW!

Nikki Bond said...

Great layout and love how you stamped the leaves! {SMILES}

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful image. Love the texture.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, lovin' that embossed panel!

Anonymous said...

Barb--the green layer from the lattice emb. die is perfect for bringing out the green in your leaves. You did a great job on the challenge. Glad you got to play along, Have a Great Thanksgiving, Hugs, Nola

tonistamps said...

Wow Barb! I love all the texture with the different embossing folders. Great idea!

Basement Stamper said...

The card is stunning, you did fantastic job with the textures and colors of it!

Rose said...

Ladies, this card is AWESOME as I am the lucky challenge partner who received it. It is my favorite fall card I have and have it on display on my mantle. We don't get much of a fall here in the desert so I love looking at the colors in this card. Thanks again Barbara.

Ida said...

Gorgeous! I can see why Rose loved it. The texture is just awesome on this card.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh Barb, this is just beautful, the leaves, the backgrounds, FAB! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin