Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, November 29, 2010

MaryJo's Challenge --- It's #150!!!

I LOVE this sketch....it came together so easily and quickly this week. AND I truly didn't want to be late (like I usually am!) because this is a special week.....this is MaryJo's 150th Challenge! WOW! Way to go, MJ! (Have to admit that I missed a LOT of them....but couldn't miss this one!!)

Well, now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's full speed ahead to Christmas time! So, Dasher is the focal point on this card.....he looks right at home here, don't you think?!! Of course, he needed a nose, so a Real Red Mini Brad was added in.....what you cannot see, and is just so dang pretty, is the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch that was sprayed over the stamped Whisper White layer, giving it a lovely, soft glow. The Soft Suede and Crumb Cake layers were stamped with Serene Snowflakes in White Craft....and a bit of Soft Suede added in on the Crumb Cake layer. All the edges on these two colors were softened by sponging with White Craft as well.

As you can see, I stayed very true to the original sketch, which you can see here. Even if these are not really traditional Christmas Card colors, I am thrilled with the overall look of this card.

Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to stop by MaryJo's and see who is participating this week.

Stamps: Dasher, Four the Holidays, Serene Snowflakes
Inks: Soft Suede, White Craft, Real Red*
CS: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Misc: Paper Piercer, Real Red Mini Brad, Square Punch**, Mini Glue Dots, Scallop Edge Punch, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz
*Real Red ink when stamped on Crumb Cake matches. When Cherry Cobbler ink is stamped onto Crumb Cake CS, it is way too dark!
**Any Square Punch can be used to create the "flag" edges of the greeting. Just use the corner!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mary Brown said...

I just LOVE what you did with the sketch challenge this week! Dasher (okay...I think it is really Rudolph since he has that bright red nose) is perfect!

Kathy W said...

lovely card

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara--I Love Dasher--I think of all sorts of project to use him in. Love your card--esp. his red nose--now he's Rudy not Dasher!

MJ said...

Oh man, I wish I would have looked on here bofore I created my dasher card for this weekend's class. I love this. His nose is too cute. I still have not tried that glimmer mist.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin