Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Double Duty Challenge

Here I am....finally! How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was busy and hectic....I hosted dinner for 20. I just love having my family around....my son and his new bride traveled up from Virginia; my one daughter was home from college; and 3 of my siblings came for the day along with their spouses and children and 1 grandchild (not mine)...oh, and my Mom, of course! It was mass confusion.....very noisy......but oh, so fun! BUT, along with that came lots of preparation....took me all week to clean the house, shop and prepare. Although, I really have to admit that I did no cooking the day of.....everyone brought something along and my son and new daughter in law cooked whatever needed to be prepared on Thursday and my daughters set up everything. I'm feeling so much better (finally....YAY!), but my stamina isn't back yet, which is kind of frustrating, because the mind is going at full speed, but the body just isn't.....yet!

So, with everything going on this past week, I just wasn't able to get into my stamp room, much less stamp! But, I actually caught a little quiet time earlier this evening and was able to sneak away and make a few cards....it felt so good to touch rubber again!

Without even realizing it, I accidentally combined two Challenges....which, yes, are both late! MaryJo's Sketch Challenge from last Monday has been rolling around in this old brain of mine and I finally decided to use buttons down the side. When I was deciding on colors, I wasn't thinking and just went with those from this past Friday's Bloggers' Challenge. So....we have two in one.....and I really wanted to make a card for each! Oh, well....whatever works, right?!!

You can see MaryJo's sketch here. And the challenge this week to the Bloggers' group was a color challenge: Rust, Blue, Mustard.....I used Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze, More Mustard. These colors are really lovely together! For this card, I stamped the image a few times onto Whisper White in Versamark and embossed with Clear EP and sponged over top to get the colors I wanted/needed......not altogher happy with my sponging....something seems to be a off. But, still, it's OK, and to be honest, I didn't want to start all over again.....so, please be kind!

So, I hope you enjoyed your visit to my little blog today....thanks so much for stopping by. Please take a few minutes to stop by MaryJo's place to see who participated and what wonderful creations were contributed.....AND, of course, you can't miss the Bloggers'.....they are always so creative!

Stamps: Just Believe, Day of Gratitude
Inks: Versamark, Not Quite of Navy, More Mustard, Baja Breeze
CS: Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Misc: Sponges, Clear EP, Small & Large Oval Punches, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Not Quite Navy Buttons(retired), Mini Glue Dots

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is simply beautiful Barbara! I love the layout! Wonderfully done! :D

Rose said...

Hey Barb, glad to hear you are recovered, don't worry about the stamina, it'll get there when it gets there. Your card is awesome, love the double duty and your colors are awesome. Sound like you had a great time with all the kids and sibs. It's nice that they all pitched in.

Marsha Fisher said...

I actually love the sponging...before even reading your post I thought you did a lovely job with this color combination. Nice work :0)!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the colors together with your sketch- beautiful card- floral images are always my favorite!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This card is great. I'm glad you played - even late. Your thanksgiving sounds fun. Chaos, but joyful.

MJ said...

Beautiful! I love this card. Great job with the colors and the sketch. Sounds like you had a great time on Thanksgiving, we had a nice quiet one this year and it was fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Tami Black said...

This is one really case-able card -- gorgeous use of the colors and it's just a beautiful cared!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Enjoyed YOUR holiday dinner...wish mine was like that, sweet family and glad everyone came to be with family. Luv your card, you did FAB! gf

Lisa Bohler said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the way you used the mustard...this is beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

stunning card, love the sponging on the embossed image. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family & that you didn't have to do any cooking.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful card. Love how you used the colors. The button additions are really cool.

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful design, fab use of this weeks colors!

Ida said...

So warm and inviting.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin