Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bloggers' Challenge -- It's a Sketch!

As you may have guessed, this week's Challenge was based on a sketch. Our list Mom, Lisa, (Hi, Lisa....loved this one!) gave us a sketch and we were to interpret it. Honestly, sometimes, I find the sketches difficult...which is probably a good thing because it stretches my creativity....and sometimes, I find them so easy. Like this one...as soon as I saw it I knew what to do! It was just finding the time to create it, take a photo and then post to share with you! You'll probably notice that I turned it on its side.

Well, in an effort to make something different than all the Christmas/Holiday cards I've been making lately, I wanted something completely different.....and this beautiful hydrangea just has not seen enough ink...AND it's perfect for the oval, don't you think?! AND, did you notice something missing? I almost used it, but chose the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder instead.....I figured you were all going to tell me to "step away from the Square Lattice Embossing Folder!" I use it so often, I'm sure I'll wear it out!! LOL

Anyway, the flower image was colored in using my brand-new pastels (Rich Razzelberry, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi) and then shadowed using the Sahara Sand Marker. And look at that cute "scallop" around the edge of the oval....that was created by using the flower punch from the Punch Pack and a scrap of Perfect Plum CS. Everything on this card is current, with the exception of the way I created the oval. I used the Coluzzel (now retired) because it gave me the perfect size....and I just couldn't get what I wanted with the Big Shot dies.

Thanks for stopping by today and making your visit a part of your busy day....hope you enjoyed your stay! Please check out what the others have created with this fabulous sketch....it's always fun to see the different directions we can go with the same basic idea! You can view the list of participants here....just click on each name and it will take you to their posts.

Stamps: Because I Care (Hostess Level 1)
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue
Misc: Pastels, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Antique Brad, Mini Glue Dots (to hold bow on), Sahara Sand Marker, Punch Pack (Flower Punch)

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This card is darling. I love the antique brad in the center of the white satin ribbon bow. It really adds an elegant touch to an already elegant card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is such a pretty image- your card has a touch of elegant- love the color of the flower and the pretty ribbon!

Connie Fossenier said...

Gracious and not withholding any form of elegance...love...love what all the special touches...
connie paxman

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty and elegant Barbara! You did a wonderful job with sketch! I love this set! :D

Rachel Hope said...

So Pretty! Love the flower!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Wonderful use of the sketch, love all the embossing!

BarbaraW said...

What a pretty card. Love the image and the use of the bow.

Lori said...

Lovely! The antique brad at the center of the bow is the perfect embellishment.

Nikki Bond said...

This is so elegant, soft and pretty! Love your color choices and the bow with the vintage brad! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the soft look that the satin ribbon adds; especially with the antique brad! Beautifully done!

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty, love all the textures of it. This image is one of my SIL's absolute favorites.

Anonymous said...

Well Hello there Barbara! I love this set--need to play with it more often. Your card for the sketch came our really nice--I should have used ribbon for one of the layers too!
So good to see you here--see you again soon, Nola

Ida said...

So elegant. Love the embossing and the fancy brad. Just beautiful.

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous! Love that stamp! Beautiful with the vintage brad and fabulous ribbon too! TFS!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is SOOOOO pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin