Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

What Was I Thinking?!!

This is one of my swaps for a very special group of ladies. I'll be swapping this out at Convention next week. (Only 3 more days till I leave for Denver!!!!) This group always challenges me to stretch my abilities as a stamper....and I've learned a ton from them! So, this is one of the cards for that group at Convention next week. BUT, it took me forever!! Lots of steps.....
The flower was embossed and cut out, then mounted on a Dimensional.
The button was threaded with Linen Thread and added to the center.
The greeting was also embossed.
The Mellow Moss strip was first stamped with the Weathered background stamp in Mellow Moss...THEN distressed by using the DTP (direct to paper) method....THEN paper piercing was added down the edge!
The Chocolate Chip background was stamped first with the Linen background and then the ferns down the left side! Whew!! This sure was a "labor of love."
I'm happy with the finished product, but making 30 of these took me a very, very LONG time! Sure hope everyone likes them!!

Stamps: Linen, Weathered, Touch of Nature
Inks: Chocolate Chip Classic & Craft; Mellow Moss
CS: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Groovy Guava
Misc: Always Artichoke Button (Rich Regal Collection), Linen Thread, Glue Dot (for holding button on), Dimensional (behind flower), Clear Embossing Powder (flower and greeting), Paper Piercer, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin