Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Using Leftovers


Ok.....so I have a ton of background paper that is no longer in the current SU catalog. What's a girl to do? Can't get rid of it....after all, why did I hord it all these past months?!! It's all so pretty, but now that it is no longer current, can I use it?
Well, I'm sure that many of you may have a stash of background paper in your collection as well.....and this card/layout idea can easily be adapted to any background paper you may own. And since I needed a bunch of thank you notes for my twins, who just graduated from high school, this seemed the perfect ocassion to use up some of that lovely paper! (They wanted me to go and buy thank you cards! GASP!!!) Using background paper makes cardmaking a snap....quick and easy. In this case, just a touch of stamping, a few punches and a bit of ribbon, and I had 6 of these babies completed in minutes....literally! (Now I need 6 more of a different style for my other daughter!!!)
Stamps: Circle of Friendship
Paper: Green Galore, Whisper White, Gable Green
Inks: Green Galore
Misc: Apple Green Grosgrain*; Dots & Dashes Designer Paper; 1" Round Punch**; 1/2", 1 3/8", and 1 1/4" Round Punches; Hand-Held Rectangular Punch, Dimensionals
*Retired product
(But, remember, you can easily dye your white grosgrain any color with just a few drops of reinker and water.)
**NEW item in the 2007 Winter Catalog!!
This card style is called a "Donut Card".....the hole is punched through the entire front of the card and the stamped image is placed on a Dimensional inside the card.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin