Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Bloggers' Challenge

This week's challenge was to duplicate the card layout on Page 97 of the new catalog....the one at the bottom of the page featuring Sassy Stems. Cute card and it's a layout that I don't think I've ever really used. But, sometimes a challenge is a GOOD thing, right?

Since I seem to be still in the Christmas spirit from last week's challenge, I grabbed my brand-new Punch Pals, along with a couple of the newer colors: Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. I have to admit that I wasn't sold on Purely Pomegranate....I haven't purchased the ink pad or anything with this color. All I have is some of the CS that came in the assorted package. BUT, it was the perfect color with the Wild Wasabi for a Christmas combination!!! It reminded me of the Marvelous Magenta of a few years ago....that was one color I never really liked. BUT, I may be a convert, now.....it really is a pretty color!
Unfortunately, the card looks a bit washed out on screen, but in person, it is really wonderful! (Even if I may say so myself!!) Don't forget to check out the other bloggers who take part in this challenge....the links are on the side of the page.
Stamps: Punch Pals, Circle of Friendship, Flannel Plaid, Itty Bitty Bkgrds
Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Wild Wasabi, White Craft
CS: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate
Punches: 1/2" Round Punch, 1" Round Punch, Key Tag Punch
Misc: Aqua Painter, Quickie Glue Pen*, Dazzling Diamond, Corner Rounder, Paper Piercer, Wild Wasabi Stitched Ribbon, More Mustard & Rose Red Markers
*Quickie Glue Pen is non-SU....something I picked up on my visit to a scrapbook store back in March.
NOTE: I used the Corner Rounder punch from last year's catalog. Unfortunately, the newer version will not make scallops

11 comments:

Stefanie said...

Super cute Barb! That tall Christmas tree fits the layout perfectly!

Lisa Somerville said...

cute Barb - great layout for Christmas images

Lisa Bohler said...

I love how you incorporated Christmas into this layout!!! Great card!

Pat Huntoon said...

LOVE what you did with the challenge, Barbara! Great colors, and design.

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute Barb!!! Love the background stamped on the back.

Connie Babbert said...

VERY cute, Barbara! Love the way you placed the greeting on the ribbon!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Barb I love it! you did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

very nice! love the scalloped edge!

maggie fellow said...

this is great - thanks,
maggie

tonistamps said...

I LOVE it Barb! Very vibrant colors!!!

rozie640 said...

Love that card Barb, colors are so vivid! See ya real soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin