Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

WHO's Having a Birthday?!!

One of my sisters (I have 2) just celebrated her birthday. Although they both love getting hand-made card for any occasion, only one stamps. Do I treat them differently? I truly try not to, but with my sister, Kathy (who celebrated her birthday), sometimes, I love to show off new things. And with her card, that's just what I did!
Now, I have to admit that the layout and idea for this card came from one I saw on Stampin' Connection, which is a demonstrator-only site. There are a number of changes that were made, but the inspiration came from there!
This is actually, the first card I used the new 2-step Owl Punch with....but, I needed to wait until Kathy received this before posting and sharing. I think she enjoyed her card....I had shown it to my daughters who both loved it. It was such fun to make! As mentioned in my last post, putting this little guy together with all the pieces, is amazing to watch. You can see that he's sitting on a branch, which is from the 2-step Bird Punch, another fun punch that is a must have!
The card base is Whisper White; the main layer is Crumb Cake; then Old Olive, which is layered with more Whisper White and a bit of the stripped DSP from the Island Oasis package. You only have a few more days to order that paper....the Summer Mini, and all it offers, ends on August 31. Some Pumpkin Pie Narrow Grosgrain is wrapped around some of the layers and tied into bow that is accented with Linen Thread and a cute little button. The button happens to be from the retired Buttons Latte, but the new buttons, although a bit different, are still similar. Just thought I'd use up what I have first!
Another confession......I have the current Corner Rounder in my collection, but also have a few others that have retired. The current one makes wonderful, tight, rounded corners....the older ones make wider scoops....for this card, I used a retired rounder. AND I actually stamped the greeting right onto the Whisper White background....it's under the Pumpkin Pie "banner." BUT, I smudged it a bit, so it needed to be covered....you can see the end result above! (See?!!....There are NO mistakes in rubber stamp art!)
Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Inks: Early Espresso
CS: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Misc: 2-Step Bird Punch, 2-Step Owl Punch, Corner Rounder, Island Oasis DSP, Pumpkin Pie Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Button from Button Latte*, Corner Punch (any size....for creating the "flag" end on the banner)
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by and making your visit a part of your day!

1 comment:

Rose said...

OH MY GOSH, this card is so CUTE. I just love your owl and putting the little heart on him. I too punched my first owl today and made a simple card, now I am going to add a heart to my owl. Love your colors and I also have kept my corner rounder, hey it's SU, I'll use it, not in a workshop but my own work. Your card is adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin