Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

All A Flutter Thanks

There are only a few days left to order from the Summer Mini Catalog....some things made it into the new 2010/2011 Idea Book & Catalog, but not everything did. All A Flutter is one of those cute, single stamps that sadly will be gone after August 31. Well, I need to send a thank you note to a sister demo, so I pulled that wonderful stamp and made this card this afternoon....it's so gloomy and rainy that there isn't much else to do!
As I sometimes do, I was blog hopping earlier, and there was a card somewhere out there in blogland, somewhat like this one that inspired the version you see here. I believe the original was made in a different direction, and the greeting was probably different, but still, it's definitely inspired by that original.
I opened up and used my brand-new embossing folder, Elegant Lines (Item #119277; Pg. 214 in the main catalog). It's just beautiful! The lines impressed are so stunning and crisp....this one is going to see a lot of use, I think! (Hmmm.....I need a wedding card later this week....this might be just pefect!) So, for this card, there's the Whisper White base with another layer of WW that has been impressed. The butterflies have been stamped in Basic Black onto Vellum, cut out, colored with markers from the back, and adhered. Simple, right?!! This one goes postal tomorrow!
Stamps: All a Flutter, Occasional Quotes
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Whisper White, So Saffron
Markers: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Misc: 2-Way Glue, Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin