Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Lunchtime Challenge #135 -- Take Three!

MaryJo's sketch challenge this week was a fun one! Really, it's a pretty basic layout or sketch, which you can see here. I had an idea for this one with the cupcake, but when I was done, I thought, "hmm, it's all right, but I'm just not in love with it!" I used this background paper, which is non-SU....I've had it in my stash for so long, I really can't remember when or where I bought it! BUT (although it's rare) I occasionally purchase scrapbook paper other than SU when a pattern catches my eye and I think that it may match our colors....the green in this is a perfect match for the new In Color, Pear Pizzazz! Anyway, when I finished putting this together, it sat on my shelf for a few days.....and it kind of grew on me, but I still wasn't over the moon about it!
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Short & Sweet
Inks: Jet Black StazOn
CS: Watercolor Paper, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Misc: Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Pixie Pink* Markers; Blender Pen, Chocolate Chip Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, DSP (non SU!), 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (for "sprinkles")
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU with the exception of the DSP. Contains some retired elements.
*Retired
Then I began playing with that cute little owl punch. Oh, my! You have just got to play with it yourself! I'm not normally into "cute," but I've just fallen head over heals in love with this punch!! Such fun!! Seeing him come to life as you put the pieces together is just so amazing and it's kind of exciting to see all the different looks you can create!! So, I was thinking that creating an owl for the focal point might just do the trick. This card has almost no stamping on it....just the greeting. It's all background paper and punches. I like it, but it just didn't send me. So, again, it sat....right next to the first one while I decided if it was good enough to post!
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait
Punches: 2-Step Owl Punch, Word Window, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, 2-Step Bird
Misc: Greenhouse Gala DSP, Square Lattice EF, Big Shot, 1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU and are currently available.

Well, tonight I went back to the drawing board and began once again to work on creating something that I was truly proud of that used MJ's sketch from last Monday.......yup, I'm late again! Sigh! BUT, I think that this third time is a charm!! This is SOOO much more my style and uses one of my favorite sets, although it's one I haven't used in a long while....Charming. This one has a "vintage" feel to it. Check out the olive layer....I created my own background paper using the medallion-type stamp from the set and just stamped over and over with Old Olive ink onto the same color cardstock. Cool! The focal point was first punched out using that wonderful, new Clearlit Die, the Scallop Rectangle. You cannot tell from the photo, but it is raised on Dimensionals. Lots of new things here....but the ribbon is a favorite, which has unfortunately retired. See below.....
Stamps: Charming, Occasional Quotes
Inks: Crumb Cake, Old Olive
CS: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Misc: Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry Markers, Scallop Rectangle Clearlit, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Wide Oval Punch, Viintage Wallpaper EF, Basic Pearls, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon*, Sponge Daubers
Please note: All materials used to create this sample are from SU; the ribbon has retired but all other items are current and available for purchase.
Thanks so much for stopping by today....and for your patience! I'm just not getting down to my stamp room as often as I would like....hopefully, as I get further along in my recovery, I'll be able to create on a more regular basis!




2 comments:

Rose said...

Barb, I love all three of them. I cupcake card is cute, I love that background paper!! Your owl is adorable, I haven't played with my punch yet, that will be on the top of my to do list. I do love the third card and it does look so YOU. You have been busy with this sketch, glad to see you are so on the job.

MJ said...

Yep, me too I love all three. Great cards. I have not done much with my owl punch either. Must get it out. I have been doing tons of "spring" or should I say fall cleaning! Thanks for playing along all three are fabulous and each so different.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin