Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Challenge #137

The Challenge this week took me 3 days to complete! YIKES! BUT, now that I've finally come up with something, I'm really happy with the end result. Not sure what it is this year, but I'm just loving Crumb Cake (formerly known as Kraft). It's a color that I've always enjoyed working with, but for some reason, it's my go-to color right now. AND it goes with just about every color in the SU line!

MaryJo's sketch this week was a good one...using the beautiful Top Note die. I stayed fairly true to the original. Here is my first Christmas card this year....and I didn't even use a holiday set! This is not something that could easily be mailed (the bow is very bulky), but wouldn't it be spectacular added to a very special gift?!!

Check out the backgrounds....the Cherry Cobbler layer is embossed with that wonderful, favorite, Square Lattice embossing folder and the Crumb Cake layer has been stamped with the flourish from Friends 24-7....definitely another favorite of mine! I still have some of that luscious ribbon from a year or so ago.....we now have this in lots of different colors, but this is the one that started it all and is in Riding Hood Red, which matches remarkably well. Notice the bow is tied with one of the great new buttons from the Holiday Mini (Did you receive yours yet?), and I inserted one of those amazing Antique Brads (LOVE THEM!!) and added a bit more bling....can you see the added rhinestone gem? There are also a couple more rhinestones on either side of the greeting, which is from Occasional Quotes.

Just a few of things to note......

The flourish stamp was inked in Real Red ink....Cherry Cobbler stamped onto Crumb Cake looks too dark against the CS background...the Real Red matches so much better!

The oval "ring" around the saying is from the birthday stamp from Perfect Punches. I just added it to the saying.

The greeting is on Dimensionals.

Stamps: Perfect Punches, Occasional Quotes, Friends 24-7

Inks: Real Red, Cherry Cobbler

CS: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla

Misc: Cherry Cobbler Marker, Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestone Gems, Deck the Halls Big Designer Button in Cherry Cobbler (Holiday Mini), Antique Brad, Glue Dots, 1 1/4" Wide Stripped Grosgrain Ribbon in Riding Hood Red*, Square Lattice EF, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Lots of Tags Sizzlet, Wide Oval Punch

*Retired

Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Barb, your card is stunning. That bow and the red just makes that card sing. I love your button/brad/bling thing!!! WOW

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful Barb! I love it!

MJ said...

Love this. What a fabulous bow and the embellishments are wonderful. I too love Kraft (crumb cake) and it is stunning with the Cherry Cobbler. Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks so much for using my sketch this week. Wonderful card.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Gorgeous card! Love that color combo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin