Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Weekly Challenge -- Color Combo

WOW! I'm just not feeling these colors this week! The Challenge was to use Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, and Old Olive together....and we were allowed to throw in a bit of a neutral. Since I almost never use Brilliant Blue (think I'm only on my second package of BB CS...EVER...and I discovered SU 12 years ago!!),and rarely use Purely Pomegranate (not a favorite, for sure!), this was not an easy combo to work with!! There are a few samples that made it into the trash bin, but I have been working on this combo off and on all day....since I was snowed in, it wasn't too difficult to find the time.
So, are you ready? Here's what I've come up with. Fairly simple. And you know what I always say, don't you?!! When in doubt, throw in some black....it can make a so-so card look incredible! Well, I'm not sure if it really made this one "incredible," but it made it much more pleasant to look at....gave it some "punch," so to speak. Not sure if you can see, but all of this was layered onto a Whisper White CS base. Oh, and see the flower? Do you recognize it? It's the flower from Be Happy, punched out with the 5 Petal Flower punch. Isn't that a cool idea?!! I happened upon this idea somewhere out there in Blogland and just HAD TO TRY IT!! (Sorry, I don't remember the source!) Then it was enhanced with a Olive felt flower from Flower Fusion....these are loads of fun to work with (we'll be using them at Stamp Camp next month!).
Stamps: Dotted Bkgrd, Little Pieces, Be Happy
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, White Craft, Old Olive
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, Old Olive
Misc: Flower Fusion, Brillaint Blue Mini Brad (Bold Brights Collection), 1 3/8" Square Punch, Paper Piercer (Tool Kit), Scallop Square Punch*, Wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
*Scallop Square Punch is from Marvy and measures 1 1/2" square.
Now it's time to visit some of my sister bloggers who participate in these challenges. Did you notice that the list has grown? Lots more to look at...gotta run!

13 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL, when in doubt, use black...love it. You did a great job with a really difficult color combination. Love the way you made your own patterned paper!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you made the background for your card...great job with the challenge!

Ladystamper said...

Very cool idea to punch the flower with the 5 petal flower!

Barb Hardeman said...

Everything Lynn said ditto for me. I love it when people get really creative and make their own background. I think most of us found this a huge challenge!
Barb

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with this week's challenge. The black help to mute the colors as well as your the pattern you created. Great job!

Nikki Bond said...

Great job on the challenge! The the color panels! {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

Great job, I like how the colors look together on your card!

Karen said...

great job - love the 3 panels!! perfect!!

MJ said...

I have to agree with Beckie, I love that flower punched with that punch. Looks so different. Great job.

Tangii said...

Very cute! I should have made a panel card! I like both cards!

Anita Van Hal said...

Very cool job with the challenge! I like the one you did after this one as well--brilliant blue isn't on my list of favorite colors either, but at least now I know I can work with it if I have to!

Lisa Bohler said...

I love that you combined Little Pieces with the Dotted background! Great thinking!

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! Love the colorblocking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin