Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Weekly Bloggers' Challenge -- Color Combo


This week was a color challenge....not a color combo I would ever have thought to put together, but when done, it's really quite vibrant....and, what's more, IT WORKS! IRL, it's quite pretty....although I have to admit that I found it difficult to put these colors together. Not sure if I'll use them again, but it was fun!! One of the really great things about these Challenges, is that they really push me out of my comfort zone and force me to be creative in ways I would not ordinarily think of!

So....what do you think?!! Colors used were: Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Old Olive, and Taken with Teal....and we could use a bit of Whisper White or Very Vanilla. When I first read about this, all I could think of was...YUK! (Sorry, Lisa!) So, can you see why I had such a difficult time?

This card features a flower from the SU Pretties Kit....all the flowers come in white so that they can be customized to suit the creator. In this case, I used the Aqua Brush and some Pumpkin Pie ink to color it. Layered a smaller flower** that very closely matches Taken with Teal and a Green Crystal Brad from the Ice Collection.

Stamps: Sanded, Canvas, Warmest Regards*
Inks: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
CS: Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Misc: Wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Green Crystal Brad, Pumpkin Pie Ink, Aqua Brush, Flowers from Pretties Kit, Rose Red Designer Paper, Large Glue Dot

*Retired
**Non SU

Don't forget to take a peak at the submissions made by the other participating Bloggers. Enjoy!

19 comments:

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

oooo.... i luv it! i need to get my challenge done too :)

MJ said...

Ohh yea! I love all the Taken with Teal it really makes it all pop. Great job Barb!

Basement Stamper said...

I love it, love that you used an aquabrush on the flower, I will have to try that!

Nikki Bond said...

Looks GREAT! LOVE that big flower!!! {SMILES}

Amy Caraluzzi said...

GORGEOUS card, Barb! So bright and cheery!!

Claudia Perry said...

AWESOME is all I can say. That flower is just stunning!
Claudia

tonistamps said...

Love how you colored the flowers Barb!

Ida said...

Very vibrant and pretty. The dyed flower is a great touch.

Lisa Somerville said...

This turned out great - even the pretties flower has color!

Lori said...

This is great! I love how you used the flowers from the Pretties kit.

Karen said...

gorgeous - love how you colored the flower too!! very pretty!!

rozie640 said...

Your card is beautiful, I've just got to use my "pretties" kit. I am such a hoarder. Your card makes me want to go dye those white flowers!!! Absolutely everything about your card is perfect!

Lisa Bohler said...

Beautiful! Love the Pretties flowers! So cute!

Anonymous said...

doesn't look like you had a hard time at all. Your card turned out great! Love all the elements that went into making this card.

Amber Porter said...

Your card is beautiful! Love it!

Kerry D-C said...

Barbara, this is fantastic! So cheery!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wonderful card!

Tracey said...

You said it... it works! ~:-)

Amanda said...

Love how bright and cheery this is! I think it turned out wonderfully!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin