Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ready to Give

The gift set in my previous post is now all set and ready to give. Believe it or not, it is all for my BFF....it's her Christmas Gift! I know, I know....isn't it awful? She's working full time, I'm working PT (2 different jobs) and with our kids and various life responsibilities, we just haven't been able to get together. Every time we've tried something would happen and we needed to reschedule! So, here it is almost March and FINALLY, we are supposed to have dinner together....just us...tomorrow night. Well, since my original gift for her was truly Christmas related, I needed something she could use now and not put away till next year. So, the journal and card set were made. I also added in a candle. Of course, then they all needed to be packaged up. After all, the packaging needs to be as pretty as what is inside!
So, I simply rolled a plain white gift bag with the beautiful jumbo wheel, So Swirly. The topper covers up the couple of spots that "missed" because of the handle (I'd love to hear if you have a solution to avoid that problem!).....used my new, current favorite set, Priceless. Check out the "tassels" on the bag....don't you just LOVE how SU punches work so perfectly with so many of their stamp sets?!! (Yes, they planned it that way!) These gift bags are fun to make, and it's always nice to be able to coordinate with the gift(s) themselves! (We don't have that option when we buy the packaging from the store!)
Stamps: So Swirly, Priceless
Inks: Real Red (Classic & Jumbo Cartridge), White Craft
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Misc: Corner Rounder; 1 1/4, 1 3/8, & Scallop Punches; Narrow Real Red Grosgrain; Silver Cord*, White Gift Bag
*Retired
Note: All items used are from SU

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin