Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh, No! Under Constuction

No, this blog is not under construction....my home is! So, I don't have access right now to my stamp studio.....

You see, we're in the middle of a dining room re-do. No big deal, right? Well, we found that the outer wall was never insulated....so all the plaster and lathe came down. (We're in an older home and somehow these "little" jobs are never little....they always seem to grow!!) Then we found that one of the heating ducts was disconnected, which explains why my bedroom is always so cold in the winter and warm in the summer! So, that means, the ceiling in my stamp studio must come down to access the duct work and make the needed repairs.

So, right now, half my stamp studio is packed up in boxes and sitting in my family room....the other half is draped with plastic to keep the sheet rock dust out! YUK! BUT, in many ways, this is a very, very good thing! Of course, my heating and electric bills should go down....that's definitely a good thing! (Maybe I'll have more $$$s for stamps and supplies?) AND, as I unpack and put everything away after the work is complete, I'll definitely see what I've got and will come up with some new projects and purge some of those many unnecessary items!

Hopefully, I'll be back to normal in about a week and a half or two, so I won't be able to participate in the Challenges for a bit. But, before I packed up, I made a few things that I can share, so please come back and visit!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin