Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

TSSC124 -- MJ's Lunchtime Challenge

WOW! It's been so long since I've participated in MaryJo's Challenges. I simply have not had the time for the last few months!....wedding stamping and plans have just gotten in the way!! But, as I mentioned in a previous post, the wedding is now a wonderful, beautiful memory. (I shared the invitations and other things I created in that post....please take a look.)
Although the wedding is now two weeks ago, it took me some time to recover....and now I'm trying to recover my mojo! I was able to complete a few challenges earlier today which I'll be sharing....but, have to admit that they are simple, and not really very spectacular, but I'm working my way back!
For MJ's Challenge...#124, which was due LAST Monday, this is what I just came up with. I'm also trying to use some of our retiring colors, and recently saw this combination somewhere out there in cyberspace. Not very spring or summer-like, these colors are really very soothing, and I love them together. Add in some texture, and I'm really happy with the finished result. Oh, and the layout of this card is pretty true to the original sketch!
Stamps: Watercolor Trio
Inks: Mellow Moss*, Ruby Red*, So Saffron
CS: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa*, Mellow Moss*, Ruby Red*, So Saffron
Misc: Big Shot, Texture Plate from Kit #4, Lattice Square Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch*, Scallop Oval Punch*, Ruby Red Mini Brads*, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, Sponge, Wide Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon**
*Retiring
**Retired
Please note: All materials used to create this card are from SU!
Thanks for stopping by today!



2 comments:

MJ said...

Just beautiful Barb! I love this set, didn't get it though. Congratulations on the wedding, so glad everything went well. Glad to have you back stampin for fun! Thanks for playing along.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Pretty card! I love the embossed background!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin