Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is It Your Birthday?

This card sample was made recently for a Masculine Swap that I participated in with one of my online groups. Masculine cards are typically subdued....so, I spiced things up a bit by using primary colors. Although the blue and yellow used in this card are about to retire, they can easily be substituted.


The main focal point is one of those fun single stamp purchases from the Summer Mini....and it doesn't appear to be in the brand new catalog. So, if you want it, you need to purchase it soon...don't you just love that saying?!!


So, what did I do to create this?....the red base was first stamped with Birthday Block in Real Red ink on the same color cardstock (I didn't do this on my swaps as it was really subtle and didn't really make a big difference), then textured with one of the Texturz plates from Kit #4. The Ballet Blue section was run through the Big Shot, using my Square Lattice Embossing Folder and punched on the side with Spiral Punch. The stamped section itself was obviously stamped in Real Red, the flame of the candle was colored with my YoYo Yellow marker and alternate stripes of the candle are "colored in" with Dazzling Diamonds.....I know, I KNOW! Guys don't like glitter....but this is such a tiny little bit, I figured I could get away with it! And then the finishing touches are that fun striped grosgrain and the stars. Fun and bright, isn't it?!!
Stamps: Birthday Block
Inks: Real Red
CS: Whisper White, Real Red, Ballet Blue*, YoYo Yellow*
Punches: Spiral, Large Star, Star*
Misc: 1/2" Real Red Stripped Grosgrain*, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Texturz Plate (from Kit #4), Dimensionals (under the stamped focal point), 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, YoYo Yellow Marker*
*Retiring
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

nice use of single stamp!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin