Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Simple Thanks

My last post mentioned that I was on a quest to make small, but simple thank you sets. This is another in the series. As you can see, I've paired the outgoing, but lovely Bella's Bloom with Matchbox Messages again.....I really think these stamps were made for each other! This time punches were involved. In my last Bella card, I had out Bermuda Bay (retiring In Color), but didn't use it....as you can see, it DID become the color of choice on this one!
To get the 2 tone effect of the flower, you need to "ink" up the image with markers. Now, typically, I find this technique tedious and not something I want to do repetitively...but this image is so cute and small that it really isn't a big deal and is actually quick and easy! Don't you think the Bermuda Bay and Basic Black are a striking combination?!!
Obviously, I punched out the image with my Large Oval and layered it against a punched Scallop Oval in black. This was framed by that wonderful stamp image from Matchbox Messages and then some texture was needed to make everything really POP....so, of course, I used my very favorite Square Lattice embossing folder. A little snippet of the Black Gingham Ribbon and a greeting was added to complete this simple card. So....what do you think?
As I said previously, I'm loving this cute little image from Bella's Bloom...it's definitely a keeper! So, even though it's retiring (today is the very last day to order!!), it's entirely likely that it will pop up here on this blog again in the future!
Stamps: Bella's Bloom*, Matchbox Messages, Sweet & Sassy
Inks: Bermuda Blue*
CS: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay*, Basic Black
Markers: Bermuda Bay*, Basic Black
Misc: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Black Gingham Ribbon*, Glue Dot, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch
*Retiring
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin