Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

This one is for the Shoebox Swap


This is probably the card I struggled with the most. You see, it needs to be worthy of a very special group of top-notch stampers! I design it, cut everything out, pack up all the supplies and let the ladies loose! Meaning: I didn't need to make a bunch of these, just pack up everything so others can make it!!....that's why it's called a "shoebox swap!"

I really should have used a brand-new set from the brand-new catalog for this "swap," but try as I might, I just couldn't come up with anything I was happy with. BUT, it does feature one of the new In Colors: Pacific Point. More greenish than Brilliant Blue, but definitely different than Not Quite Navy, this is truly a lovely color. And I just LOVE it with Close to Cocoa, don't you?!! Add in a dash of Chocolate Chip...it's the new black, you know!....and I was finally happy with the end product!


Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Twill Background
Inks: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Carmel
CS: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pacific Point
Misc: Clear Embossing Powder, 1/8" Punch, Clear Crystal Brad (from Pretties Kit), Dimensional, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon

The central flower on this card was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder...the flower then turned a wonderful rich, navy-ish hue. Notice the inside flower that is cut and raised...it's really a part of the same flower, which was stamped a second time and embossed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin