Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Blog Challenge #54....AND Say Good-Bye Series


Happy 4th! No, sorry this post is not patriotic, but is going to do double duty: fits the blog Challenge and fits into the Say Good-Bye Series that I began earlier this week.....haven't used this set in awhile, but always liked it....and it's soon retiring!

The Challenge this week was Color Blocking....and I have to admit, it's something I'm not really very good at, but I gave it a go. This pink "beauty" was inspired by a card I saw briefly in the newest edition of Paper Crafts, which I don't think has hit the newsstands.....but those who subscribe already have it in their possession. My girlfriend shared it over dinner the other night and when I saw this card, I just knew I had to CASE it. Well, my feeble old brain has surely distorted what I originally saw, so this is my version!


Stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, White Craft, Basic Gray
CS: Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Misc: 1/2" Round Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon, Horizontal Slot Punch


Don't forget to visit the other participating bloggers! Some took the holiday weekend off from blogging, but there is still plenty to see. Have a safe holiday!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Barb. Bet you can't wait to get that new scallop punch!

Susie Moore said...

This is just precious. Love the pink!

Susie

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow .... I love pink card and this is perfect. Not good at colour blocking? Are you sure?

MJ said...

What the heck do you mean not good at it! This is beautiful. I love that you were able to do color blocking in monochromatic style. Love it.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great job Barb. You did a great job on your color blocks...love the way you combined the two different designs. This was always one of my favorite sets...sad to see it go. Have a happy and safe Independence Day!

Barb Hardeman said...

THis is so precious. You did a fab. job on your color blocking.

Connie Fossenier said...

I know I am going to miss this paper..I really love the shades you used. Very soft and elegant.
TFS
I did not participate this week.
connie paxman

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I'm going to miss that set too!

Connie Babbert said...

I just saw the card in Paper Crafts, too! Great job with yours...love the color blocking you did!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the overstamping on your color blocked panels.

Ida said...

You did a great job with the color blocking. So "pretty in pink".

Lisa Bohler said...

Very pretty color combo and a gorgeous card!

Kathie Bailey said...

Barb, I think your "version" is just perfect. Lovin' the pink.

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Very pretty. Love the pink & scallops.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Barb. Love your "scallop" edges!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card Barbara! I love how you made scallops on the top and bottom of your main image! Wonderful challenge card! :D

Claudia Perry said...

GREAT card - I love the scallop on the top and bottom of the image layer!

Chrissy D said...

Somply lovely! Love this card- so pretty in pink! TFS!

Kerry D-C said...

So pretty! love all the pink!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin