Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thank You, Janet Dowell!


At least a month ago, Janet Dowell sent me a stamped image and challenged me to create a card with it. I'm sure by now she thinks I've completely forgotten!! Obviously, I haven't....I just needed to work down the pile of projects and there was the image.

Janet stamped the image in black ink and colored in each of the scaves with markers. The image is wider than the typical 4.25x5.50 card that I ordinarily make, so I needed to trim it down some. Then I highlighted all the black lines of each snowman and portions of each scarf with my Quickie Glue Pen (LOVE that little pen!!....a definite MUST HAVE for every stamper!!) and, of course, some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. With all the bright colors on the image, it was difficult to choose a color combo for the background.....but the image is layered onto a bit of Real Red CS and then a background of Green Galore. The Green Galore, was "embossed" with the snowflake embossing folder and my Cuttlebug.

So, what do you think, Janet? Not your traditional Christmas colors....but it is a very simple, easy, and basic layout. Fun! Thanks for the "challenge!"

Stamps: Snowman-unknown source, Lifetime of Happiness (SU)
Inks: Whisper White Craft, Basic Black
CS: Whisper White, Green Galore, Real Red
Misc: Various Markers-unknown source, Quickie Glue Pen*, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Word Window Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Cuttlebug Snowflakes Embossing Folder*

Note: Snowflakes are confetti that I had purchased years ago from a party supply store.
*Non SU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE IT! Such a cheery card... I may have to make those (exact copies of yours!)into thank you notes for our upcoming gifts! Now, if it wasn't so late....

janet dowell

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin