Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Back from Phillie!

Whew! It has been a whirlwind weekend! As I've mentioned previously, I left Thursday to attend the SU Regional on Friday. Then my hubby met me and we stayed overnight to do a little site seeing on Saturday. I only live about 1.5 hours from Phillie, but truthfully, I've only been there one other time! The historic district is just wonderful....a blend of new and old. I just love places like that! Walking down the cobblestone streets, you can almost hear the voices of the past.....these are the streets that Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington walked on.



My photography is not the best, but here's a few pictures I thought I'd share. Above is one of the clocks on Independence Hall. And to the left is a picture of the first post office, which is still operating today. Seems Ben Franklin was instrumental in building this, and part of the structure was his book bindery. Of course we saw the Liberty Bell (much smaller than expected!), passed by Betsey Ross' home, and toured the very first building that our government occupied.
We were able to see the sites by taking a tour....we decided to take a Duck Boat Tour. What fun! Many of our larger cities now offer these tours....we were in a big boat with wheels that also went into the water. Odd looking vehicles, these "boats" are from WWII. Our tour guide was really goofy and silly, but entertaining....the children on board really loved him! Here's a final picture of one of the "boats." Not the one we were in, one that came by as we were on our way back to land.

If you have the chance to visit Old Towne Philladelphia, you really should....it's an awsome place to see!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin