Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, April 11, 2011

MaryJo's Lunchtime Sketch

This week's Challenge sketch was a very tough one...at least for me.  This is what I came up with....not crazy about it, but then, to be honest, I'm not crazy about the sketch either.  (Sorry, MJ!)  But, after MANY trials and errors, I came up with something that is at least presentable!  As you can see, I used some punches, the Big Shot (of course!), Linen Thread, and DSP.  Those diagonal stripes across the card made it kind of busy, so too much DSP (which is how I began) was way too much!  So, the Pumpkin Pie layer was added...or replaced....instead.  Originally, I added little pennant flags "hanging" from the thread across...again, too much!  (And I thought it was an ingenious idea!)  Instead, I layered Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon over the Pumpkin Pie layer, topped with a zig-zag of Rose Red CS (created with my Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim Bigz Die) and tied over top with Linen Thread.  Whew!   At least now, each element can be seen and is not fighting for attention!  That cute little cupcake showcases the Create a Cupcake set from the Spring Mini and the Build a Cupcake Punch...also from the Mini.  These are placed upon a 2 1/2" Circle, a circle created from the Circles Die, and then "2 3/8" Scallop Punch. 

What do you think?  Is it too busy?  Did I rise to the occasion?  As I mentioned, I'm really not so sure about this one, so feedback would be great....I'd love to hear your comments!  See?...this just goes to show that even those of us who stamp frequently struggle, too! 

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake
Inks:  Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette
CS:  Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red
Misc:  Tasteful Trim Bigz Die, Circles Die, Big Shot, Build a Cupcake Punch, 2 1/2" Round Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Linen Thread, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Sweet & Sour Specialty Paper

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




2 comments:

MJ said...

What!!! You don't like my sketch. Too funny--it is a tough one. Not sure why but it seems easy to me but that was because I had the boat stamp and this sketch seemed to scream nautical theme. Wonder what I was thinking when I made the sketch?? Anyway, I happen to like your card. I think your use of the trim die was brilliant! Thanks for playing along even when you don't like the sketch--guess that what a challenge is huh??!!

Margaret Raburn said...

Barb, I think you card turned out great! This "was" a challenge sketch however, although I ended up liking it and doing a second card with it! lol! Who knew!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin