Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

MaryJo's Lunchtime Sketch #170

After the tough time I had with last week's sketch, this one was a breeze....and fun!  I used this set for my last post; and although I'm typically fairly good about putting things away after I use them, this was still on my desk top.  (Don't be impressed...like most rubber stampers, my stamp studio is FAR from neat!....I tend to gather and add things into my small space by just dumping them in the closest semi-empty spot!)    

Obviously, this card has a completely different look from my last post.  Yes, the last post was a sketch challenge, as is this...both are very different, but so is the style.  This set, Have a Seat, is so cool!  I've had my eye on it since last summer when the catalog was released...now, I'm kind of sorry I waited so long to get it because I missed out on the fun of using it all that time!!

As you can see, the Marina Mist background was impressed by using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder in my Big Shot (what a shock....it's still my "go to" embossing folder!).  Then for the Whisper White panel...again, as you can see....I stamped the chairs all over, creating a background paper-type pattern.  The "banner" across the bottom is raised on Dimensionals.  Anyway, the card is kinda simple, but I am happy with it...guess, it's more "my" style than the last vintage one I tried!

Stamps:  Have a Seat, Curley Cute
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy
CS:  Whisper White, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy
Misc:  Square Punch*, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer & Template, Not Quite Navy Mini Brads (Retired), Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch


        

   


1 comment:

MJ said...

Look at you, making me like this chair set! Love this! Thanks so much for playing along again this week. Wonderful card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin