Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bloggers' Challenge -- Ribbon or Lace

It was a busy, busy week....and with a holiday in there, it was just way too hectic to get this to you on time....and I am so sorry about that! Hope fully, you celebrated with family and friends this past weekend. The weather was lovely here, hopefully where you were, too!

So, here is my sample for last Friday's Challenge....a lot late!  It gives you a peak at a cute little single stamp available in the Summer Mini Catalog, Hello Blossom. Cute, isn't it? (The mini goes live this Sunday!) The stamp actually has a letter in the center of each blossom spelling out "HELLO." As you can see, I've covered the letters up by using punched out circles, which are adhered using Mini Glue Dots and then covered over with Crystal Effects.

This card was fun to make and for my ribbon, I used the gathered ribbon. Like me, you've probably seen this technique in many places, but I have to admit it just isn't quite as easy as it appears to be! My gathering needs a bit more work since it really isn't even, so I definitely need some more practice!  But it doesn't look too bad, does it?

Stamps: Hello Blossom, Bold Blossom
Inks: Soft Suede
CS: Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz
Misc: Pear Pizzazz & Regal Rose Markers, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Lots of Tags Sizzlet, Big Shot, Square Green Ice Brad, Non-SU Border Punch, 1/4" Round Punch (retired), Round Punch from Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Mini Glue Dots, Crystal Effects

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love the ruffled ribbon and the added CE over your flower centers.

JP Card Crazy said...

This is beautiful! Love the combo of green and peach...thank you for being you and creating such lovely cards! :)

Basement Stamper said...

love these flowers and the plated ribbon with bow is adorable.

BarbaraW said...

Pretty card. Love how you treated the ribbon. The flowers are really cool.

Ida said...

Playing comment catch-up today.
Very pretty card. I love your ribbon treatment and yes it is harder then it looks (I had uneven spots on mine too) but it looks fabulous on your card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin