Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bird on a Branch

I know....I really need to get more creative with my post names!  But, as promised, here is my other bird card.  I made this about a month  ago for one of MaryJo's Challenges....but in the end, it didn't work for the Challenge.  Truthfully, I wasn't sure then and still don't know how I feel about this card.  What's your opinion...I'd really love to hear from you.

There is so little stamping on this card...it's almost embarrassing!  Easy, easy, easy!  The white 1/2 background piece was created in the Big Shot with the Top Note Die....it's slightly more than half of the shape.  It was layered on top with 2 pieces cut in Tempting Turquoise from the Lattice Die and added to the Top Note before cutting the Top Note shape. 

Then there's the bird...first stamped in Rich Razzelberry onto Rich Razzelberry cardstock with the Hostess Level 1 set, Punch Potpourri...do you own your set yet?  No?  It really is a must have...and each shape matches a punch in the SU collection!!  The bird in that set does not have a wing, but the 2-Step Bird Punch does.....can you see that it was sponged around the edges?  It really is such a small thing that adds so much...and is so quick and easy to do!  Of course, a little mini Basic Pearl was added for his eye. 

As you can see, he's sitting on a punched background.....the Designer Label Punch was stamped 3 times and added as if they are in graduated sizes.  If you'd like to learn how to do this (it's really easy!), please let me know....there are tutorials in many spots on the net, so you may have already seen the directions.  The final addition is a band and bow with White Taffeta Ribbon...still loving that stuff!

Anyway, this is what I was originally going to submit this past Friday/Weekend for the Bloggers' Bird Challenge....but, I liked this one so much better, even if the little bird is tiny!

Stamps:  Punch Potpourri-Hostess Level 1
Inks:  Rich Razzelberry
CS:  Whisper White, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzelberry
Big Shot:  Lattice Die, Top Note Die
Misc:  Designer Label Punch, 2-Step Bird Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearl

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin