Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Simple Thanks

This card is really a simple one (much more my style than my previous post, which you can see here)......and one I made recently for a thank you card. (Yes, I really did send it!) I'm loving the Poppy Parade and Old Olive color combination. Paired with a bit of black it really pops. AND this one uses my very favorite stamp set, Friends 24-7.

Although I adore this stamp set, I actually have rarely used this particular stamp. My favorite stamp in the set is the flourish...that's one I use most often!! Anyway, the image was stamped in StazOn Jet Black, then colored in with markers and a Blender Pen. This was stamped and colored on Whisper White CS. I really tried to be careful, but to get the intensity of color, the paper kind of pulled and roughed up. So, to counter-act this, I then colored over the entire image with the Versamarker and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.....but, I know that you cannot see that. It really kind of makes this card more special.

As you can see, there are a few layers to really set off the embossed floral image and raised on Dimensionals. This is all set against the Poppy Parade background that was impressed with the wonderful new (it's in the Occasions Mini) Framed Tulips EF.

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: StazOn Jet Black
CS: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Markers: Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Misc: Blender Pen, Versamarker, Wide Basic Black Grosgrain, White Button from the Neutrals Designer Pack, Linen Thread, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Big Shot, Framed Tulips EF
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin