Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring is Coming.....Really!

This began as my submission to MaryJo's Techno Lunchtime Sketch Challenge for last week. Well, I'm too late for that Challenge, but it turns out that I really didn't follow the sketch. You see, the stamped floral image portion turned out too large for the layout. MJ's sketch was actually a square card....but, I find them difficult to store and they cost more to send, so I generally stay away from making them. Since I didn't use the square size for this, it really didn't layout as I had hoped, and I came up with this instead.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this card....it's a bit busier than my usual style, but it is kind of Spring-y. Since it snowed AGAIN today and I'm really looking forward to Spring, maybe this will bring it on a little sooner!
Truthfully, I always seem to have trouble building a "garden" look, so the stamped portion was inspired by a card I saw somewhere by Carol Taggert, although it is somewhat different. As you can see, the set used is Awash with Flowers, a 2-step set. I believe Carol stamped the outline images and watercolored them in....her card is truly beautiful. Since I used stamps for the inside image, the panel seemed a bit stark when done. So, to soften it a bit and blend the greens at the base, I sponged around the edges and brought the color in a bit around the flowers. I paired Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzaz together, and I'm really happy with that combo....I'm definitely going to use that together again.
Oh, and not sure if you can tell, but the stamped insides of the flowers features the Rock 'n Roll technique. If you click on the photo of the card, it will open larger and you can see more detail....and you may notice that the flowers are 2-toned.
Stamps: Awash with Flowers
Inks: Basic Gray, Pear Pizzaz, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
CS: Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz, So Saffron, Paper Pack DSP*
Misc: Pretty in Pink Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Neutral Button from Designer Button Pack, Framed Tulips EF, Big Shot, Martha Stewart Punch, Mini Glue Dots
Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin