Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

UhOh! Missed the Mark Again!

Well, with all the "time off" from stamping lately, I seem to be a bit rusty. Oh, I'm not unhappy with this card, but you see it was supposed to be for MaryJo's sketch from a week ago Monday. Problem is, that stamped focal point ended up way too large for the layout. Since I liked the way the images came out, I didn't want it to go to waste and that's how this card was created!
The stamped image was created by using markers and double stamping along the bottom....in other words, there's second generation stamping along the base. The way the greens all work together is really pretty, don't you think?...so nice and soft....AND Spring-y! Those little pearls are just like the "icing on the cake....you know I love them!
Although I like the stamped panel, when I was putting this card together, it just seemed to need a little something extra. So, that's how the 1/2 circle and flower came to be used. The 1/2 circle is really a 1 1/4" circle punched, folded in 1/2 and wrapped around the layers. Then a little Fleurette was added....can you see it's the double Fleurette? So cute...and it looked perfect in this plain, white, original color....no need to dye it or anything. Truthfully, I haven't used many of these cutties, but now that I have used one on this card I may crack out these babies any use them everywhere! OK....just kidding...but I do love how it looks on this card!
The Fleurette was topped with an Antique Brad and....can you see it?...another mini Basic Pearl! This, of course, is all set against my very favorite impressed background.....Mellon Mambo impressed with the Square Lattice EF. The simple little oval with the greeting (which is an older, now-retired SU set) is simply unframed, but on Dimensionals.
What do you think? A bit bright, but, I'm loving it. Can Spring hear us calling? March is upon us....Spring can't be far behind!
Stamps: Just Believe, Warmest Regards*
Inks: Mellon Mambo, Wild Wasabi
CS: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzaz, Mellon Mambo
Markers: Pear Pizzaz, Mellon Mambo
Misc: Large Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Round Punch, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Fleurette, Antique Brad
Thanks so much for stopping by!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin