Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Little "Black" Magic

This technique is just so lovely....and every card that I've seen using this technique have been so striking that I needed to try it as well! Actually, I learned this from Karen Barber last Fall....not sure if she is the originator of this or not, but she certainly has raised it to a beautiful art form!
The floral focal image on this card, is from Charming....and, yes, it's still available!! It was simply stamped in White Craft ink onto Night of Navy CS. Allow the ink to dry and color over with Watercolor Pencils. You'll notice that I used different pencils to create shading. Then simply "dot" in where appropriate with the White Gel Pen. Simple, yet amazing....yes?
For this card, I punched the image out using my Wide Oval Punch and layered onto a larger oval created with my Oval Die and the Big Shot. The background paper is from Patterns Pack III, a current Hostess Level 1 offering.
Thanks, as always, for stopping by....hope you enjoyed being here!
Stamps: Charming, Fundamental Phrases, Matchbox Messages
Inks: White Craft, Night of Navy
CS: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Misc: Big Shot, Matchbox Bigz XL Die, Oval Die, White Taffeta Ribbon, Night of Navy Marker, Watercolor Pencils, White Gel Pen
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are currently available from SU!


1 comment:

Ink Bug said...

It amazes me all the techniques we have available out there. I love this! It is a very lovely card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin