Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fond Memories.......

It's been a few days.....you know, wedding plans and I'm still assembling/making wedding things. We're getting down to the wire now....not long till the wedding! Right now I'm making 140 programs....well, OK, I have 70 done and 70 to go. I have till next week, right?!!
So, I haven't really had a lot of time lately for recreational stamping, but I made this card a couple of weeks ago for a small swap I was in. I have to be honest and let you know that this is a very simplified version of the one created by the uber talented Ilina Crouse...you can see her version here.
This set, Pedaling Past, from the Summer Mini Catalog just called to me. I'm not really sure why because it is so different than sets that I typically choose, but this one just got to me. Maybe it's because I had a bike somewhat like this when I was a young teen? I remember that all my friends were getting those sleek new bikes with the different speeds....we called them English Racers then, (Does anyone remember that?....Am I aging myself?!!) and I think there were only 2 or 3 speeds. Well, my Dad must have found this bike (or maybe someone gave it to him) and he reconditioned it and painted it himself in black and white stripes. He must have spent a lot of time on it making it special for me....and I hated it! I wanted what all my friends had, but we simply didn't have the money. Now as a parent, I realize what a great gift my Dad actually gave me.....and I so didn't appreciate it.
Well anyway, here's that old bike I had, minus the stripes and colored in different colors, but I really think it's the same style, although mine didn't have that carrying rack on the back. And these colors are kind of retro as well...as you can see, I carefully "colored in" parts of the bike using markers and my trusty old blender pen.....and I also used my favorite new embossing folder, also from the mini, the Square Lattice. This makes the paper feel so different....besides the obvious change in texture, it really takes on a whole new character, so supple and soft. Not sure how else to explain it.....you need to feel it to understand! BUT, it is just so cool!
Thank you for stopping by today....and allowing me to share with you. Hope you enjoyed your visit. I sure had fun making this sample and it brought back so many memories!
Stamps: Pedaling Past
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Old Olive, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Misc: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Old Olive & Tempting Turquoise Markers, Blender Pen, Wide Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver 5/16" Brad
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are currently available from SU!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin