Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Cards for the Kiddies

That's the Challenge this week over at Late Night Stampers. Well, my kids are all grown (or think they are!), but definitely well past the little kid stage. So, I don't really have any of those adorable sets that are designed with small children in mind. BUT, I did manage to come up with TWO cards for this.....and had such fun.....although I really have to admit that both of these ideas were inspired by card ideas I had on my computer. That means that the ideas were CASEd, but the cards are actually mine.......and I'm sorry that I have no idea where the ideas came from or who originated them. So sorry! That's my disclaimer....if you are the author of either of these ideas, please feel free to contact me and I will give you credit!

The first card has so little stamping....features a bunch of punches......and I had a real ball making it! And why not?.....Who can resist those little fellows? After all, many of us grew up with them, or our children did. Say hi to Elmo, Big Bird, and Oscar the Grouch! This is a 3"x6" card, so Cookie Monster didn't make it.....no room in the neighborhood today. The background was rolled with one of my favorite, soon-to-be-gone, jumbo rollers, Spot On. Tore the edge of the Basic Black CS and stamped the greeting on the card base.....just added a Real Red Mini Brad for the dot in the "I" and it was complete. Although I tried to add in a touch of ribbon, it just didn't work.
Stamps: Spot On Jumbo Wheel*, Warm Words
Inks: Basic Black, White Craft
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Only Orange, YoYo Yellow, Kiwi Kiss*, Close to Cocoa
Punches: Round Scallop Punch, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, 1/2" Round Punch, 1/4" Round Punch**
Misc: Real Red Mini Brad, Paper Piercer (from Tool Kit*)
*Retiring
**Retired
Please Note: ALL materials are from SU.
Since that card was so simple, and with so few embellishments (they just didn't fit!), I decided to use a layout from Stamping 101.....be sure to stop by and check it out. It's a new blog created to help stampers, especially beginner stampers....but is packed with ideas for ALL! Started only a short time ago, the fabulous demonstrators who created and run this blog have a new sketch each week, complete with ideas, and measurements for each portion....you are bound to be inspired AND use the sketches yourself! Of course, I was downstairs in my stamp room, and my computer was upstairs, so my measurements are not exact, but the layout is.
For this fun little card, I used Pun Fun.....hmmm! Guess I DO have a set that's good for the kiddies! This cute little rocket ship was stamped 3 times....one time onto the Bashful Blue base, once onto Pacific Blue, and once onto Riding Hood Red. The Pacific Blue and Riding Hood Red portions were cut out and "paper pieced." BUT, before adding in the colored CS, the moon was created by punching a round hole in a CS scrap, laying it over top of the Bashful Blue CS and sponging in some White Craft ink. See?....So easy! Again, it was a simple card to make. You have just got to try some of these ideas......you'll have a great time!
Stamps: Pun Fun*, Boho Backgrounds
Inks: Basic Black, Pacific Point*, White Craft
CS: Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red*, Pacific Point*, Bashful Blue
Misc: Paper Piercer (from Tool Kit*), White Gel Pen, Button Bouquet*, 1 1/4" Round Punch, Linen Thread, Pop Up Glue Dot (to hold button on)
*Retiring
Please Note: ALL materials used to create this card are from SU and are current at this time.
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you haven't already done so, why not click on the Late Night Stampers icon and join?! It's free to all....demos AND customers! These are the nicest bunch of ladies....you'll be inspired by their many, many creative ideas....AND you'll learn so much in the process!
So, now I've done the challenge for LNS for this past week, I've completed a stamp project for a friend, now it's time to go create my submission for the weekly Bloggers' Challenge....please come back soon and see!

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

great kids cards!

Anna Banana said...

I just LOVE your punch Sesame Street characters ... I knew who they were at first glance .. before I even read any of the post!
Fantastic job!
Anna Banana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin