Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saying Good Bye to Sale-a-Bration, 2011!

It's that time again...time to say a fond farewell to the beautiful sets of this year's Sale-a-Bration event. As I mentioned in a recent post, Sweet Summer is new for me....and it really is so versatile and just plain old adorable....and I don't usually do cute! So, here's my good-bye Sweet Summer card....you may see creations in the future made with this wonderful set, but it will no longer be available for you to earn. I saw this basic idea somewhere out there in cyberland (Sorry...didn't keep the source. So, if this is your idea, please be sure to let me know so that I can give you proper credit!) However, this has been changed up a bit from the original....I turned it into a "tent card." All that black you see in the background is just that....background...NOT a part of the card.

This is one of the cards I made with my Stamp Group ladies last week; and they all loved it. It's bright and cheery and just so fun. One little note, though, that little band of stripped DSP along the lower edge has been retired....you see, I have a ton of DSP, but very little of it is current!! But, I'm sure that you can easily use something you have on hand instead. The base of the card, is simply 8 1/2" x 4 1/4" and folded in half. The Top Note is mounted on top of the fold...if you use the SU Grid Paper, you can easily line it up so that it will fit in a Medium Size Envelope....how easy is that?!! Those cute little "flowers" are simply from the Sweet Buttons Sizzlet, double layered and then mounted on Dimensionals...and, of course, topped off with a sweet little Basic Pearl. Cute, don't you think? (Sooo, NOT my idea!!) Oh, the rick rack across the base is from my "new" Tasteful Trim Bigz Die...I'm loving it!

Stamps: Sweet Summer, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive
CS: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Misc: Certainly Celery Marker, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Top Note Die, Tasteful Trim Bigz Die, Sweet Buttons Sizzlet, Big Shot, DSP (retired)

Thanks so much for stopping by today....hope you enjoyed your stay!

REMEMBER...there's still a bit of time to earn your FREE Sale-a-Bration sets, but don't wait too long....because after tomorrow (3/31/11) they will be G-O-N-E!!!  Be sure to contact me TODAY so that you can earn yours before it's too late.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin