Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Challenge #108

Well, obviously, it's no longer Monday.....and, yes, I am very behind....but I am catching up! MaryJo's Challenge this week gave me a little bit of a struggle, but when I pulled out Charming (yes it's still available!!) I seem to have hit my stride! (You can see MJ's sketch and her ideas here.)
I have to say that I'm loving these 2 In Colors together....haven't you seen them everywhere? I know I have....in clothing stores and housewares as well! And in this season of pinks and reds and blacks for Valentine's Day, it's a refreshing change, don't you think?
Now this photo seems to be just a bit off....the cardstock color is Soft Suede and the ribbon is Chocolate Chip, which in real life blends just a bit better than on screen. This card is pretty straight forward, no special techniques. The ovals were created with the Wide Oval Punch (Whisper White) and the smallest of the ovals in the Big Shot die.....these are mounted onto Dimensionals.
Don't forget to check out Mary Jo's post to see who else is playing along this week!
Stamps: Charming, Tiny Tags
Inks: Bahama Breeze, Soft Suede
CS: Whisper White, Bahama Breeze, Soft Suede
Misc: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Oval Die, Dimensionals, Scallop Trim Border Punch
Please Note: All materials used to create this sample are currently available from SU.

2 comments:

rozie640 said...

Very pretty, I love the color combo.

MJ said...

I agree, very refreshing colors. Love it. That was the perfect set for this layout too! Great job, can't tell at all you had difficulty! Thanks so much for playing along.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin