Check out all my photos here in one place!

Monday, August 17, 2009

MaryJo's Lunchtime Challenge #83


The sketch this week was such fun! I was definitely inspired to use this layout in a variety of ways.....I even have a few more that I may try.....if time allows! But, for today, I'll share just 3....yes, you read that right! I have 3 for you today!! (I told you the sketch was fun!)

This first sample is pure Stampin'Up all the way! The background paper was from the last catalog and cut into 1" squares, layered onto Night of Navy CS and then onto a Kraft card. The stitching really sets it off, don't you think? Although it looks time consuming, it really wasn't....use a ruler for straight and easy faux stitching!

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Fundamental Phrases
Inks: Night of Navy
CS: Kraft, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Misc: Wide Oval Punch, Night of Navy Marker, Kraft DSP*, Modern Label Punch, Brilliant Blue Mini Brad, Paper Piercer
*Retired

This second sample was so easy, I felt like I was cheating! You see, the background stamp is already laid out in the little squares....it's one purchased at CHA a few weeks ago from the JudiKins booth. During their demo, they showed how just 3 little ink drops can go a long way and create amazing samples. That's how the various colors were achieved on this background stamp. I used reinkers in Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise and Pixie Pink.....can't you tell? LOL I KNOW....it looks nothing like those colors, but I promise that's what I used. I just put a drop of each on the smooth side of my Stamp-a-ma-jig plastic and used that as my ink pad. Kinda cool! The center of each flower has a sticky back pink crystal.


Stamps: Background stamp by JudiKins, All Holidays*
Inks: Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore Reinkers; Perfect Plum
CS: Whisper White, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Misc: White Taffeta Ribbon, Pink Crystals by Stampendous, Nestabilitie
*Retired

And this 3rd and last sample showcases a few PaperTrey stamp sets: Grid Lines, Grid Lines 2, Simple Stationery, Trajan Monogram. (Most were purchased at CHA....told you I was so bad in that booth!!) Pretty straight forward, the base of the white section is paper also from Paper Trey with the grid lines already there....makes using these fancy little squares and circles a snap!


Stamps: Grid Lines, Grid Lines 2, Simple Stationery, Trajan Monogram
Inks: Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst
CS: Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Grid Lines CS (Paper Trey)
Misc: Round Nestabilities, Dimensionals, White Satin Ribbon

Please note: All supplies used for these samples are from Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted.

So, that's it for today....hope you enjoyed your visit. Please stop by MaryJo's blog....you'll be able to see the original sketch and link onto the blogs of all participants.

5 comments:

MJ said...

Wow, look at you three cards and each one is as fabulous as the last one. I can't even decide which one I like best. What an over achiever you are, lol! Great job, thanks for playing along.

rozie640 said...

Great cards Barb. I too can't pick a fav. You were a naughty girl at CHA. I have to stay away from those places. I like what you did with the reinkers!

Kathy W said...

wow= you are on a roll, great inspiration from that sketch

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! I love how different they all are, the 2nd one is my favorite though, I love the colors of the background stamp!

Anonymous said...

Great cards, Barbara!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin