Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gift Card Thanks


In my last post, I mentioned that I was able to attend CHA. For those who aren't aware, CHA stands for Craft & Hobby Association, and they have a trade show 2 times each year. Before Orlando, and the next one this coming winter was/is scheduled to be in Anaheim. Well, for me, that's not really doable, but Orlando was. Fortunately for me, my new bestest friend, Lynn gave me tickets, making the show possible to visit. So a very special thank you was in order, don't you think?!! So, I thought I'd share what I made for her.

After thinking it over for weeks, I finally decided on giving her a gift card since I knew it could be used almost anywhere.....even on stamp supplies! To be honest, I basically CASEd this idea, but it was just so beautiful that I fell in love with it, so how could I not?!! And CASEd ideas work so well when you are pressed for time.....after all, why re-invent the wheel?!!
There were some changes made from the original, but the idea is so fabulous.....and it used my favorite set, Friends 24-7. The base card that you see in the first photo is in So Saffron with a belly-band fitting around it from top to bottom. As you can see, some retired DSP was used, along with that luscious, also-retired Chocolate Satin Ribbon and a few other items as well. But, it's long past time that some of these items should be used up.....and it all worked so well together.

The second photo shows the belly band removed from the card base, and the third and final photo shows the inside where the gift card was placed.
Even though this was basically a CASEd idea, I was still proud to give it, and Lynn was so surprised. I KNOW she was thrilled with the gift card....hopefully, she liked the holder as well! You can see the original idea here. Angie was one of this year's Artisan Award recipients at Convention....and if I'm not mistaken, this is NOT the first time she has won. So be sure to look around and see some of the fabulous ideas on her blog.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Warmest Regards
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
CS: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Misc: Chocolate Satin Ribbon*, Corner Rounder, Eyelet Border Punch, DSP* (sorry, don't remember the name....but it's long gone from the SU catalogs!), Bashful Blue Chalk Pastel, Linen Thread, Baja Breeze Button*, Key Punch Tag*
*Retired
Please note: ALL materials used to create this gift-card holder are from Stampin'Up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really cute. I love all the little details . A lot of love went into this card.

Angie Tieman said...

Barb, this is SO beautiful!! I love your version with the yummy satin ribbon! I'm sure your friend went ga ga over it!! Thanks so much for the link to my blog and your super kind words, I really appreciate it! Hugs to you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin