Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blog Challenge -- Alter It!

Believe it or not, it took me all weekend to make this.....you see, I'm down with flu. YUK!....and yes, I even had a flu shot. First year it didn't work for me. So, I'm exhausted, and working with "fuzzy brain," and barely functioning.
Each time I began to work on this I needed to sit down before I accomplished much. So, it's not my best work....and I made a few mistakes.....AND I was going to add Barely Banana Mini Brads at the bottom of each of the flowers (they would work perfectly!).....but didn't remember them until I went to photograph this! So, please use your imagination and forgive my feeble attempt this week.
Our Group Mom, Lisa, has made a few of these, and this was the perfect chance to make one for myself. This is a Post-It Note pad holder.....wouldn't this just be adorable to carry in your purse?!! The covers are chipboard coasters that are covered with the fabulous SAB DSP, Delicate Dots. The wider ribbon is also a SAB favorite: the Ribbon Bundle...obviously, the So Saffron Wide Grosgrain.
I do have a few things around to share and will try to add things to the Blog as the week goes along....and as my energy level will allow. Hopefully, the flu will be short lived....maybe that shot will help after all?
Stamps: Sweet Stems, Mini Note Kit
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Whisper White
Markers: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, More Mustard, Basic Black
Misc: Delicate Dots DSP, Lots of Tags Sizzlet, Oval Nestability*, Glue Stick, Sanding Block, Grosgrain Ribbons......Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Wide So Saffron; Bind it All*
Please note: All materials are from SU, except those with the *.
Thanks for stopping by....and as always, I invite you to stop by and visit the other bloggers to see the beautiful creations they have submitted this week.

8 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Barb: I'm sorry to hear you are down with the flu, I hope you get to feeling better very soon! Great little coaster book. I love the ribbon you chose on it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a wonderful project Barbara! Get some rest and I hope that you feel better very soon! :D

Lisa Maco said...

Very cute!

tonistamps said...

This is wonderful Barb! I hope you feel better very soon.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great look there Barb, I love your colours. Hope you are feeling better soon.

{hugs} Marcia

Lisa Bohler said...

This is beautiful, Barb!!! I sure pray that you are back on the mend soon!

Ida said...

Wow first off I commend you for even attempting to do the challege while you were sick.
I think this turned out very well. Very cute and what pretty colors.

Chrissy D said...

This is great! Wonderful project and great colors and design.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin