Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, March 13, 2009

BC#90 -- Love the Texture!


Have YOU used the new Texturz plates?.....or any of the many embossing folders out on the market? They add so much interest to a card/project! Of course, the Texturz plates are in the new SU catalog....for use in the Big Shot! (You DO have yours, right?!!) Well, you MUST know by now that I love working with my Big Shot.....it's so versatile.....it cuts, embosses, texturizes.....it's just so much FUN!


So, if you haven't already figured it out, that's the theme for this week's Challenge: Texturze! Use embossing plates and add interest. Usually (but not always), I do at least 2 layer cards, but this time, I wanted to add texture directly to the card base, so I admit to cheating a bit on that rule. (Shhh!....don't tell!) Easy to do.....the card base is the fabulous, lush Pacific Point "embossed" with the "plaid" plate from Texturz Plates Kit #4 (SU catalog Page #203). Upsy Daisy was stamped onto Whisper White and cut with my circle cutter, and the edges were distressed. Add a bit of ribbon, a greeting...which was embossed by inking first in Kiwi Kiss and then Versamark and THEN stamping, then throw on a bit of Clear Embossing Powder to create a little more interest. The pointed edge was made by using a corner of a Square Punch, layered and placed upon a couple of Dimensionals.



Well, this card is not my usual style, but since I'm finally feeling better, I challenged myself to step outside of my comfort zone and get back into the game! I'm so rusty it's not funny, but hopefully, I'll be back to my old stamping self soon! Thanks for stopping by today.....and be sure to visit the other Blogging gals......see you there!
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Inks: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Versamark
CS: Pacific Point, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Misc: Mini Library Clip, Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Circle Cutter, Texturz Plate (Kit #4), Big Shot, 1 3/8" Square Punch, 5/8" Stripped Grosgrain Ribbon/Kiwi Kiss, Circle Cutter

9 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Glad you are feeling better and great card. Colors are awesome and so is the addition of the little clip.

Ed said...

I love the colours - and that stamp is just great !!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Glad your on the mend, and it looks like you have your mojo back. The colours you chose are magic!

:) Marcia

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning! Amazing job with the challenge! A wow!

Lisa Bohler said...

Glad you are on the right track again! Cute card...love the "plaid" look you achieved!

Claudia Perry said...

Great color combo - and I love the Upsy Daisy stamped into the circle...

Lori said...

What a great color combination! I really like how you used the little clip, too.

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Glad to hear that you are getting your mojo back! You are one of my inspriations!!

Marilyn

Chrissy D said...

Grear color combo! Wonderful card, Barb! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin