Check out all my photos here in one place!

Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm on a Roll!


Usually, I'm a one-post-a-week gal...but, every once in awhile, I find that there is lots to share! And that seems to be the case this week!!

Last Monday I had the day off from work. That meant I had a chance to go out and play!! My girlfriend, June, picked me up and we went to the Iris Garden. What a lovely day....lovely trip....and the gardens were breathtaking! I LOVE Iris'!! They come in so many different colors and so many color combos. Some are small.....some are tall....some are ruffled or two-toned. Truthfully, I don't ordinarily take photos of flowers, but these were just too beautiful not to!
Turns out the gardens are about 30 minutes from my home and I never even knew they existed! Because it was a Monday and the peak of the Iris season had actually just passed, it wasn't too crowded, so I was able to get some awesome photos. Now, mind you, I am NOT a photographer....but even I was able to come up with some beauties. Aren't the flowers spectacular?


The above photo shows the 2 pages together. Then the one below on the right is the 1st page (that's my friend June and her mom, Joanne in the photo....I was behind the camera!); the page on the left further down is the 2nd page. Most of the products used to create these pages are from SU, with only a few exceptions.
Stamps: Whimsy, Priceless
CS: Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi Textured, Lavender Lace, Whisper White
Inks: Lavendar Lace, Barely Banana
Punches: 1/8" Hand-held, Scallop, 1 3/8" Round, Scallop, Oval Scallop*, 1/2" Round, Slit
Misc: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon; Round Lilac Crystal Brads (Ice Collection); Oval Coluzzel; Lovely Lilac Marker (for journaling); Vellum Sayings from Diecuts with a View (Nature Collection)
*NOTE: The oval punch is from Marvy

1 comment:

MJ said...

How beautiful those flowers are! Love the layouts.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin