Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cute Little Cupcakes.....Warning! Non-SU!


Awhile back a stamping gal pal of mine, Elizabeth, sent me the cutest little card with some stamped images included inside. I've seen this cupcake image by Lockhart Stamps many times, and just love it......now that I've actually USED the image, I think I may NEED to have it in my collection! It was a perfect image to use when practicing/playing with my new Copic markers. Since I'm new at using the Copics (which are so much FUN!!!), I'm a little limited in my collection....so, the image was colored in first and then matched up with the background paper/CS.

Stamps: Cupcakes (Lockhart Stamp Co.), All Holidays
Inks: Basic Black Ink*
CS: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Basic Black, Bkgrd Paper from Junkitz
Misc: 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (for "coloring" in the icing), Green Galore Mini Brads,Word Window Punch, Copic Sketch Markers
NOTE: The yellows match in real life....I promise!


This next version is actually my favorite of the bunch. Have you ever made a card and when completed, just sat back and said, "WOW!?" This card did it for me.....and I really think it is just the color combo, because when you really look, it's actually the very same layout as the one above.....it's pretty simple! This time, I found a piece of scrap CS that had been put through my Cuttlebug and decided to put it to good use. Check out the "sprinkles" on the icing....just little dabs with the markers and then the entire image was outlined, and highlighted with my glitter pen. Oh, and the background of the stamp (in between the cupcakes) looked pretty plain and simple, so I just made little swirls with the glitter pen to dress it up. This whole card is so sweet and sparkly!

Stamps: Cupcakes (Lockhart Stamp Company), Birthday Wishes (Hero Arts)
Inks: Basic Black*, White Craft
CS: Whisper White, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence
Misc: Wide Certainly Celery Grosgrain, Copic Markers, Glitter Pen by Sakura

OK, for card #3, I wanted a different color pallet and layout. Lighter, softer pinks may have been better, but remember, I don't own a huge variety of the Copics (yet!). So, using what I had, this is what I came up with and found that it matched/coordinated pretty well with Pixie Pink and Close to Cocoa. Again, the icing was "colored in" with the 2-way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

Stamps: Cupcakes (Lockhart Stamp Company), Warmest Wishes , Polka Dot Background

Inks: Basic Black*, Close to Cocoa

CS: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Close to Cocoa

Misc: Copics, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Slot Punch, Slit Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon

And then, finally, since we are approaching July 4th, I needed to make a patriotic card, don't you think?!! This time, the background was cut away, so that the Real Red CS shows through.....the cupcake icing is glittered once again, and various Copics were used to color in the image.

Stamps: Cupcakes (Lockhart Stamp Company), Sincere Salutations
Inks: Basic Black*, Real Red
CS: Whisper White, Real Red
Misc: 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Hobby Knife (for cutting away background), Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Copic Markers



Please note: Elizabeth stamped these images and sent them to me. The CS feels like Whisper White, and I'm guessing at the Basic Black Classic Ink.....but for the Copics, I've learned that it is not really the best and usually use Adirondack inks by Ranger. All materials are SU, unless otherwise noted.

This was a fun little stamp exercise to see how different each card could be....without going "over the top!" So, what do you think?


PS...I purchased this stamp last night....so watch out, I feel MORE cute cards coming!!

2 comments:

MJ said...

WHAT! Non-SU! I'm out of here, lol! Great job with those cupcakes Barb. I love them all. I agree the second one is my favorite too! Super color combo.

Kim Ross said...

These are adorable! They all turned out great... and I think I like the purple one best, too! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin