Check out all my photos here in one place!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bloggers' Challenge -- 1/18/08

The Challenge this week was to use River Rock, Real Red, Blue Bayou and a neutral. I love River Rock, one of this year's new In Colors.....but, find it incredibly difficult to use, although I often see beautiful samples posted. I knew that this would be a real challenge!!!!

Well, just this morning, I finally had a chance to cut my new rubber, and was determined to use one of the new sets: Embrace Life. It's been sitting on a side table, uncut and neglected for a few weeks! Still not crazy about the combo, but it came out ok. Not a favorite, but it will do....what do YOU think?
Stamps: Embrace Life, Paisley Background
Inks: Blue Bayou, Jet Black StazOn, River Rock
CS: Natural Ivory, Blue Bayou, Real Red, River Rock
Misc: Red Watercolor Crayon, Aqua Brush, Red Watercolor Pencil, Corner Rounder, Wide Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Ivory 1/2 Pearl (Pretties Kit), Mini Glue Dot
Hope you'll take a few minutes to check out the other Blogger's ideas......our list of participants is growing. Can't wait to check them out myself!

10 comments:

Claudia Perry said...

Oh I just LOVE this card. Even though you and I find it hard at times to use River Rock ;-) I think you did a fabulous job. And I love the pearl in the center of the flower, what a nice touch!
Claudia

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fabulous card. Your ribbon is devine and your layout design is perfection!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card. I love your layout and the pearl was a nice added touch.

Lisa Bohler said...

REally nice card. Especially love the layout and the embellishments!

Basement Stamper said...

the flower and pearl are awesome! Great job!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the coloring of your flower - the pearl accent is great!

MJ said...

Look at you getting all caught up and stuff! LOL. You did a fabulous job on all the cards. I love this layout. And again I am surprised at how nice these colors look. Funny I said I would never use them again, but almost did last night - I held off though.

Amber Porter said...

Love it! Great card!!

Lori said...

Just beautiful! I really like the layout and the pearl embellishment at the center of the flower is lovely, too.

Ida said...

Looks good to me! Love the scallop border and the little pearl in the flower center.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin