Check out all my photos here in one place!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Color Challenge....A Lot Late!

Hurricane Irene came and went....fortunately, here at my house, other than some yard clean up....mainly just leaves and small branches...we came out unharmed, we didn't even loose our power.  We were very, very fortunate, while many in our area were not.  There are many rivers in NJ, and it seemed that every one of them caused flooding.  Where I work, which is less than 10 minutes from my home....well, there was 2 feet of water in the store and in the entire downtown business area....no telling when we'll reopen.  Driving around right now is an adventure since so many roads, even major highways, were either washed away or closed due to flooding.  President Obama  is supposed to visit the area tomorrow to view the damage.  Irene certainly left her mark here.  So, when you see some of the devastation on the news...it truly is not an exaggeration.  They say this was a 100 year flood....I've lived in NJ all my life, I've never seen such destruction that has been so widespread as this has been.  Last week certainly was interesting....an earthquake AND a hurricane all in one week!  WOW!

Well, you know now that I'm fine....but, you came to see a card.  This is WAAAAYYY late! A few weeks ago, there was a Blogger's Challenge that was a color challenge....they are one of my favorite challenges! The colors were in the form of color dots and on my screen, the colors I used in this card matched....but I'm not sure if this is what they actually were!

Anyway, I didn't get the chance to share back when this was a Challenge, (don't remember why...sorry!!) but thought I'd share it now, 'cause I really like the way this card came out. This set, Easy Events, is one of the sets we received at Convention in July. What a GREAT set it is!! I'm sure this is going to be a great, all-purpose set.

For this card, as you can see, the flowers were stamped repeatedly across a piece of Natural Ivory and colored in with markers. The centers of each flower was dotted with my White Gel Pen, but everything looked blurry and murky, so I added in the simple Basic Pearls in each center....that's just what it needed! How cute, right?!!

This was a simple and easy card with some really fun elements.....the Basic Pearls, which I already mentioned; the Perfect Polka Dots in the background, and the fabulous new Lace Ribbon Border Punch with the Marina Mist Ribbon woven through. Oh, and that saying is just the perfect finishing touch...IMHO!....which is from the fun, new Hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes.

Stamps: Easy Events, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Inks: Basic Black
CS: Natural Ivory, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Wisteria Wonder
Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots EF
Misc: Basic Pearls, White Gel Pen, Wisteria Wonder Marker, Pear Pizzazz Marker, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Marina Mist Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rose said...

Cute card, love the flowers, Easy Events was the one set I did buy, glad i saw your card. So glad you made it through Irene. Keep on stampin'

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin