Check out all my photos here in one place!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Card Tins -- Final Post

The last 2 posts have been about these card tins.....they have taken over my life lately....at least most of my spare time!  Remember, there were 6 tins, each with 12 cards and matching envelopes, all hand stamped by me...and then placed in this gift bag.  Whew!  So glad that project is behind me!!  Although I have to admit that I did have fun making and creating all the cards, the tins, and even the gift bags...which I am sharing here. Just happy to move onto other things!

I'm really pleased with the way the bags came out....do you remember this wrapping paper from SU?  It was called Blizzard and is from a few years back...don't remember how far back, though.  There were 2 rolls...the blue with the little dots and the coordinating Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue snowflake patterned paper.  The very bottom of the paper at the base of the bag was punched with my Scallop Boarder Punch....I think it's difficult to see on screen.  The Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon is also retired, but there is a newer version now...but I don't have that.  Can't really seem to purchase it with this still sitting in my collection of STUFF!  This ribbon is luscious....I'll be so sad to use up the last of it!  (I'm really giving it a gallent try to reduce my retired supply!)

The cute little tag is mostly new things....the layered circles (created with the 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches and layered onto a punchout from the Snowflake Punch.  Yes, the eyelet....in Bashful Blue (gotta love how everything coordinates!!) IS retired...so is the Silver Cord used to tie it to the bag.  Don't you love it?  So easy to replace this patterned paper with something in YOUR collection....definitely with something current!!  Think background papers......

And here's one last card from the box....it's actually the very last one made for each tin.  Simple and easy, but so cute.  The retired Orchid Opulence was used for the card base, but can easily be changed out for whatever color strikes your fancy.  I have to admit, that I've always loved Whisper White with Orchid Opulence and a touch of Basic Black...which is the color combo for this simple card.  The flowers were simply stamped 3 times and then the stitching was added. 

See the black punch out in the center, above and below the flower strip?  None other than the Decorative Label Punch, which was cut in half and mounted to the back of the flower strip before adding to the card. Once mounted, it still needed a little something, so the little white dots were added with my White Gel Pen, and the BLING was created with Basic Rhinestones (medium size) was added to the center of each flower! 

See?  I told you it was easy to make this one!  Oh, and I need to mention that this was inspired (but not the same) by the fun little sample on Page 98 of the SU catalog.  It was just adapted to what I happen to have in my stamp collection.

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Thank You Kindly
Inks:  Orchid Opulence, Basic Black
CS:  Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Whisper White
Misc:  Basic Rhinestones, Basic Black Marker, White Gel Pen, Decorative Label Punch

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting today!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin