Check out all my photos here in one place!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

With Sympathy

Recently, the mother of a good friend and neighbor passed away....she was 99 years young! Can you imagine? Not sure I can, but just think of what she had witnessed throughout her life....all the changes, the progress, the technology, the trends and style changes. It's just mind boggling. Although I had never met this friend's mom, I understand she was spunky right till the end....and only just thought of herself as "getting old" about a year ago! Gotta love that attitude!
Unfortunately, I was packed and all ready to leave for the weekend when I heard the news. So, although I was unable to attend the funeral, a card was necessary to let her know I was thinking of her. So, I whipped this up pretty quickly.
I just love this flourish (but, you should already know that by now!), and used it as my background on the Whisper White card base. But, I have to admit that I made a mistake.....you see, I was in a hurry and grabbed my Bordering Blue ink pad, but had intended to use Brocade Blue instead. Oh, well! It still turned out nicely, even if a bit softer than I had planned!
The Bordering Blue cardstock bottom shows off a Martha Stewart border punch and a retired greeting set, that I simply cannot part with!
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Warmest Regards
Inks: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy
CS: Whisper White, Bordering Blue
Misc: Martha Stewart Deco Shells Border Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon
Please note: All materials used to create this card are from SU, with the exception of the border punch.
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin