Check out all my photos here in one place!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Techno Lunchtime Challenge #96


Here's another fun sketch by MJ this week. For my version, I turned it on its side and used the Scallop Edge Punch instead of the Ticket Punch for the corners. When I looked on my shelf at the stamp sets I own, it seemed like Season of Joy would work perfectly for this layout. Layered against the Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, I believe I was right, don't you?

As you can see, my embossed background is two-toned.....first I brayered the embossing folder with White Craft ink and ran it thought the Big Shot. I'm just loving this look....and it's so simple to do!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. You can see MaryJo's sketch and the other participants by clicking here.

Stamps: Season of Joy
Inks: White Craft, Old Olive
CS: Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red
Misc: Big Shot, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, 3/4" round Punch, Gold Mini Brads, Paper Piercer, Scallop Edge Punch, Brayer, Wide Old Olive Grosgrain
Please note: ALL materials used to create this sample are from SU and are currently available.

5 comments:

MJ said...

Yea, you were right, great choice. I too love the white on the embossing. Haven't done that in a while, thanks for the reminding me. And thanks for playing along!

kc_froglady said...

Fantastic card - from my point of view the background almost looks flocked I want to run my fingers across it to feel it LOL!

Selene Kempton said...

I love the embossing folder and the effect you achieved with it. Beautiful job!

Unknown said...

Barb this is a great tip. I love how the simplicity of it comes across so beautifully.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is wicked awesome! That white craft REALLY makes those flowers pop!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin